“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.”
— The Dhammapada
A School of Philosophy
We offer a comprehensive program of studies which begins with the first course series: Know thyself: Timeless Wisdom of East and West. Our curriculum gives students a strong foundation of traditional knowledge which, like classical humanism, brings together sciences, arts, religions and philosophies in a comparative way and which reveals the laws governing nature and the human being.
Thursday, November 9, 2017, 6:30pm-7:45pm
Know Thyself: Timeless Wisdom of East & West
Discover the enduring value of philosophy as “love of wisdom” in a profound search for truth and meaning through 12 amazing world philosophy topics that teach us about improving ourselves, and changing the world we live in by “being that change.”
Classes begin: Thursday, November 9, 2017 @ 6:30pm
Classes meet every Thursday for 12 weeks with a few breaks for holidays.
Location: Atmalogy Cafe – 2320 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
12 Week Course (Tuition: $50/month)
Call (954) 709-0744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP
– Wisdom from India and Egypt: Know Yourself – Learn to recognize energy, emotions, thoughts and intuitions, to better express them in our life.
– Tibetan Wisdom: Voice of the Silence – Learn about the inner path and spiritual potential.
– Ancient Greece: Socrates and Plato – How to be true to oneself amidst challenges of modern life.
– Life and Teachings of Buddha: The Dhammapada
– Ancient Rome and Stoicism – How we can develop calmness, serenity and self-mastery.
– Aristotle and Happiness, Plotinus and the Soul
– History and the Mystery of Time