Philosophy Course: Explore Wisdom of East & West
Discover the enduring value of philosophy as “love of wisdom” in a profound search for truth and meaning through 12 amazing world philosophy topics that teach us about improving ourselves and changing the world we live in by “being the change.”
– Ancient Egypt – Conception of the Human Being and the Laws of Nature
– Ancient India and the Bhagavad Gita – Learn about the great Epic story that teaches so much about overcoming fear and that has inspired great films like Star Wars
– Wisdom of Tibet and the Voice of the Silence
– Life and Teachings of Buddha – The Dhammapada and Noble Eightfold Path
– Aristotle – on Virtue and Happiness
– Plotinus and Immanuel Kant – Qualities of the Soul and the Universe
– Ancient Greece, Socrates and Plato’s Republic and the Myth of the Cavern – Learn about the journey of the prisoner soul and its path to freedom
– Ancient Rome and Marcus Aurelius – How to be true to oneself amidst challenges of modern life
– Myth, History and Time
Saturday, June 30, 2018
(10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Philosophy & Hiking: Marcus Aurelius & Buddha
meeting place: bottom of the Percy Warner Park Steps
“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: our life is the creation of our mind.”
A philosophy class out in nature! Join us for a session of hiking and a discussion on the teachings of these two great giants of Eastern and Western wisdom.
We will meet at the Percy Warner Steps @ 10:00 am and hike for about half an hour to Luke Lea Heights Scenic Overlook (an awesome area from which you can see the downtown Nashville skyline ) where we will have a 45 minute philosophical discussion on Buddha’s Dhammapada and Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations.
Overall the event will take about 2 hours. Please arrive 15 minutes early and don’t forget to bring bug spray, sunscreen and a bottle of water for a hike to the overlook.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or text (954) 709-0744
Seminar and Discussion:
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 (6:30pm – 7:30 pm)
Discover the Myth that has inspired people for over 2,500 years to find the “hero” within and walk closer to the Universal Truth of the Cosmos.
Location: Bellevue Public Branch Library (meeting room)
720 Baugh Road, Nashville, TN 37221
Open to the general public. Free admission.
For more information, text (954) 709-0744
Thursday, February 22 (6:30pm – 7:30 pm)
“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present
thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.”
— The Dhammapada
Who was this man called Buddha? Discover his powerful teachings, among which are the amazing concepts of serenity, compassion and forgiveness. Learn more about Buddha’s timeless teachings!
Location: Atmalogy Cafe (inside “Grow” room)
2320 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
Admissions open to the general public. Donations welcome.
For more information contact Julian Bernal at (954) 709-0744 or email@example.com